12.21.2013

This post is hard to write...even as I was choosing picture to include I was crying. Looking through all the snapshots from our visit home was bittersweet. Especially with Christmas only a few days away. Outside of the 5 other people on in this house all the people that are so dear to me are in Kansas. Heartache. Brody's first Christmas is away from all those people. People that should be snuggling him close during these early days of his life. I miss my mom, I miss my sisters, I miss my dad, I miss my besties, I miss Crown Center, I miss the Plaza Lights, I miss Christ Church the list goes on and on. But I am NOT going to wallow in my homesick sadness. Instead I am going to sing praises to our Heavenly Father for the amazing 3 weeks I had at home this fall and for the tremendous amount of blessings in my life. I miss y'all every day!! xoxoxo
 
 
My mom and I had an amazing crazy day shopping at Holiday Mart and eating Mi Ranchito! This woman is the best I tell you! The best!!

 
 
My sis...my heart! Love you lady!!

 
My babies!! This pic is just too much! Too much!! Love them so!!

 
So I guess stating 3 men have my heart just wasn't the truth...there are really 5. My nephews snuck in a stole a big piece of my heart they will own forever more the day they each were born! Man I love these cutie pies and if you ask me I am pretty sure there Uncle Scott is smitten with them as well!!;)



 
 
No words to describe the crazy girl...she was making this crazy head man be her daddy ;)


The pics of Mal and her bestie take me straight to tears...they are hard for me to get through because I feel so deeply sad that Mal is separated not only from her precious BFF Charlie but from all her Blackbob buddies. I am so proud of how well she is handling it but I will be so overjoyed to get her home to her buddies!!


Whit had so much fun catching up with friends!! She is such a social butterfly! She misses Kansas very much and just like her mommy cried to leave. But she is flourishing here and really enjoying her time in Canada!

 
We loved getting time with our sweet friends the Adam family! We are so blessed to have been friends with them since college! Hard to believe when we get together now there are 7 kids! What!?

 
Awe! Hob Lob! This pic brings me to tears as well...;)

 
This one is just too much! My mama and my baby. We had such a fun day at Zonkers and not only was it a total blast with Mimi but we got to meet her LIT kids she volunteers with. She loves her volunteer time with them so much and it was great to meet all of them! Mal had the BEST time riding rides with Mimi!! 



 
Mal reading to the boys! I love how seriously Oscar is looking at the pages...:)

Uncle Scott and Oscar! They became good buddies...:)


 
I was in the hospital still on Halloween but the kids all had a great time!! 

 There are seriously no words to describe this picture! This is a camera phone shot of the actual pic so I apologize about the blur on Whit's face...but really the hilarity of the pic is too much and will haunt our precious babies for years and years to come ;)

 
Whit was SO proud of the beautiful princess Glenda the Good Witch Auntie Amy transformed her into! The glitter stuck for days and let me tell you Whit couldn't have loved that anymore!! :)

 
 
This is kind of a wonky pic but I just love the slumber parties at my mom and dads house. I could seriously move in and stay forever! :)


The kids had the best time doing s'mores with Papi. It has become a tradition that they LOVE!!!

 
 
I can hardly believe this is my sweet Jenna!! I remember when Cheryl was pregnant with her and now she is not only holding my baby but my 4th and final baby!! WHAT? I love you Jenna Bean!! I need to get home so you can babysit all my crazy kids! :) Pay back time ;) ha!
 
Whit and one of her besties! They had such fun on their playdates!! Whit can't wait to be back at home in school with her again! And a total bonus I just LOVE her mama!! :)


So that was a random collection of snapshots from our fall visit aka Project Brody ;) I prayed and prayed we would make it home for this trip and Jesus came through...big time. He was before and behind every moment every step of the way. I am so thankful for all the love and prayers that carried us through. Each of you have a special place in my heart and I love you!
 
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NAS) in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.