12.21.2013

 
Brody Michael
October 28
9 pounds
27 Inches
 
I recently wrote about the 2 men that stole my heart....well its been stolen by another handsome man!! oh my goodness Brody!! Momma loves you more than words will ever tell you. You came into this world strong and loud and I can already tell you will be a fighter and a lover every day of your life. You make me smile and you truly complete me. The last piece to our precious family puzzle. Our baby. Our number 4. Two girls and two boys. You are perfect, you are loved and you complete my heart. I love you to the moon.
 
 





You and your Papi...I think you resemble him so much. This isn't a huge surprise because I look so much like him, my dad. I will tell you something right now that is so important and so true...your papi is one of the greatest men I have ever known. You will learn so much from him and I would be so happy and so proud if you learned even a little from him. He is truly a great man.


My babies! oh man Brody, these guys love you to the moon! Watch out sweet baby! They will be loving on you every day of your life whether you want them to or not ;)


This is one special picture...you know it is truly special because I am willing to share it even with my appearance being as it is on day 5 in the hospital :) This is Dr. Sheridan. He has delivered all 4 of our babies. We have lived all over the country and now even internationally but we have still been home to have Dr. Sheridan deliver each of you. He means so much to me. He cares about each of you and cares about me. He pays attention to each and every detail and shows love in every step of the whole process. He and I both agree that there has never been more effort put into a baby being born in his care. I will always be so grateful to him for the love he showed to us. This picture is a keeper!
 



 
By the time you read this sweet Brody you will know this guy pretty well, I am confident...Uncle Bench. He is your beloved Uncle and your sisters will be more than happy to tell you lots of stories about him until you have plenty of your own. You will probably only ever know him as Bench but you share his real name, Michael. I know you will have a special place in your heart for him just like the rest of our family does.
 




This isn't the highest quality picture but it means SO much to me, a KU hat in the Kansas bucket...Ahhh....you are a Kansas baby through and through. I prayed and prayed you would be born in Kansas our home sweet home and here you are...all Kansas right in Mimi and Papi's backyard. I breathed a deep sigh of thanks and relief. A Kansan. Love it!





No words can describe this picture...Auntie Amy. She loves you more than  you will ever know. I can say this with great confidence because I know how much I love your cousins. She will make you laugh and be there for you whenever you need here all your life long. I promise that. And I will tell you something else...she is tons of fun and one of my dearest friends!! I promise Aunties are Awesome!!


 
 
Big sis Mal...words can't describe home much this sweet sister loves you!!!




No words for how much this sis loves you either, you are one extra blessed baby with two sisters to adore you!!! Watch out Brody these girls are going to be your number one fans and your biggest annoyances ;)



This picture is almost too much...your Mimi...I can't even begin to put into words how much I love her and oh man she loves you little dude! She loves you and your sisters and brothers to the moon and back! She will be there for you in everything you do . She will be your biggest fan and so much fun! She will make you laugh out loud and be there to pick you up when you are down. There is no one else like her I promise you that...one of a kind my mom. One. Of. A. Kind! So glad she was my mom because it will make me a better mom to you!! 


Grandma Terri is daddy's mom. She loves you SO much! I think she is pretty great for lots of reasons but most of all because I wouldn't have your daddy without her. You will love growing up with her as your grandma!! There will be lots of good times ahead!


I can't look at this picture without crying...my boys. I never saw myself having boys and now I can't imagine a single day without my precious precious boys. I can not wait to see the crazy best friendship in the years ahead. It's going to be great!!


Speaking of crazy best friendships...best cousinships rank right up there in the amazing best things ever category!! I can not even wait to see what the years ahead bring for you and Leo and Oscar along with Bentley of course. Y'all are going to have so much fun and give Auntie Amy and I some MAJOR gray hair!!! I love it!!!

 
Auntie Stacey is daddy's sister and you are going to love her so much!! She is so sweet and so loving and just the best auntie! You will have so many great times and great adventure with her!! She will tell you all about the trouble daddy use to cause! :)


 
So this picture is not actually of your Auntie Steph holding you...but I want you to know that she and Kevin traveled in from Oklahoma City to meet you. I cried when I realized no one got a picture. Aunt Steph is going to be such an inspiration in your life. Not only will she love you and support you but she is a survivor and a fighter and she has overcome some really tough times. We were so thankful she was here to meet you! You are going to love this sweet Auntie!! And I am confident one day you will get to love on your cousins from Steph!! How crazy and fun those times will be!!
 

You are already loved more than you will ever know sweet Brody boy!! And it's only been a few days since you were born!!! You are a gift from God and we will give thanks for you every day of our lives!!!! XOXOXOX
Here are a few more pics from our hospital stay!! I just can't get enough of you!!

  













Psalm 100:4 (RSV) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name!