6.25.2012


I can't tell you how much I enjoyed taking Scott and the kids to my grandparents farm. They live on a farm in Northern Michigan that has been in the family for over a 100 years. The house my grandmother was born in is still standing in their yard. When my grandfather retired they built a house on the land. It has so much history I couldn't begin to tell it all. But due to distance we have not been able to make the trip until now. I am so glad we did. 


The girls loved Great Grandpa's butterfly garden.

A picture of one side of the farm

This is the house my grandma grew up in...this is the view of it from my grandparents driveway.


A shot of the barn and silo across the road where my Great Aunt Millie and Great Uncle Harold's house still stands. My dad's cousin Ron (one of Harold and Millie's children) and his family have a house next door. There was a cider mill that stood next to this barn. It was taken down and is being reassembled by a local farm history group. I think this is just so picturesque. An America's Heartland postcard kind of picture :)

I love this...my dad, my grandpa, my hubby, and my little man heading out to the barn to see the tractors!


I am bummed this didn't turn out better but I still love it ;) My dad with our kiddos on the restored 1947 Tractor


(I apologize for the photo quality not sure what I did with my camera settings during this...yikes!)



I LOVE this picture! My grandparents and our 3 kiddos out in front of the old silo. A framer for sure! :)



I loved this trip...I love these photos. I love the stories they tell and the memories they will leave with my children. I am so glad they had this experience and I love that they are still talking about those tractors :)

John 15:13: Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.