3.09.2014



We celebrated our beautiful, sweet, smart, kind, funny, soft-hearted little girl turning 9 this weekend! Her actual day is a few weeks away but with spring break we celebrated with her party a bit early.  I am not going lie...this was a rough one for me. 9!? Her last year in single digits...half way to being a legal adult...what the what? Scott is like..."Seriously babe? Your crying over that? Where do you come up with these things?" Hey...I am a mom. Enough said. Momma's have crazy love and in turn are pretty crazy over their little chickens! :) Anyway...moving on. I am so proud of this child and I am just so thankful that she is mine. I was truly on my knees giving praise and thanksgiving to Jesus for this sweet girl Friday morning. Just watching her excitement as she headed off to school knowing her party was that night. She is the happiest girl. She is so resilient and go with the flow. We sat and talked earlier in the week ad shed a few tears about missing her girls at home...and then she snapped right back and was thrilled to celebrate with her new friends. Not only do I give praise for her...I pray to have a little bit more of her spirit inside me! :) I would be a better person for it...for sure! :) 




On to the party...It was a Rainbow Loom theme this year! She had her heart set on a "Rainbow Loom Sleepover" I had the cutest invitation made but I need to figure out how to blur the address before I post on here ;) Anyway...we went mostly rainbow with the food and decor and then had a Rainbow Loom area...here she is waiting for her guests!!


 Food pics of course!! :)




And some decorations pics...






I debated where to create the Rainbow Loom area...and ended up putting it in the playroom...it worked out well kind of containing all the chaos! :) We gave looms as the party favors...some of the kids didn't have looms so we decided that would be a good solution! :)  The dishes are colors separated out. Mal got tired after awhile and put the rest in the jar as an assorted selection ;)


 So the cake! I made it this year!! Seriously the first time that I have ever attempted a cake that was served to anyone other than family and the first time I have made a birthday cake for the kids at all since Whit turned 3! :) I have to say I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!! :) Mal LOVED it!! :)





The friends...oh the sweet friends!! I am kicking myself today as I look through pictures...I didn't take a group shot until the morning after and 4 of the girls only stayed until 10 the night before so they weren't in the photo :( I do spy them in the cake shots though so I am glad we have those! :) Anyway, I really enjoyed these sweet girls!! Everyone got along so well and there were so many pleases and thank yous and several of them played so lovingly with Bentley. Mal was just beyond thrilled and I just felt like so many prayers had been answered. 


Awww...this smile...my heart could Burst! I love you to the moon Mally my Pally!




I had to share this adorable drawing that was on a card from one of our little friends...she made it USA themed...check out the dress and the hairbow! This is so darn cute!! I love it!!

Here are the kiddos the next morning! Love it!! :)

I just want to close this blog by saying thank you to each of you that called and emailed and checked in on Mal and I this week. We felt your love and prayers and we miss y'all so much. It is really nice to hear we are loved and missed back. Thank you!
At the same time I want to take a moment to add that I feel blessed. Truly blessed by friends that the Lord has placed in my life here in Calgary. I can't tell you how great it feels to make new friendships. Real friendships. Friday night 2 of my friends stayed and hung out with me during the party. We had such fun chatting and I laughed out loud more than once. I feel like I can be me. Crazy, real me...and they still want to be my friend! What!? ;) They even have witnessed my crazy pinterest love obsession for themed parties and still want to hang out with me! ;) Hahahah! I loved it when I said "I order all their birthday outfits to match the party theme" and one of my friends just busted out laughing "of course you do!" Love it!!!!!!! :) :) So mad we didn't take a picture of three of us!! Next time!! :)
This isn't party related but I just have to add (because I print this blog into a family keepsake each year) a few weeks ago I showed up at my friends house a day earlier than I was suppose to...she and her whole family were in jammies totally not expecting us....and her reaction!? Laughter!! Yes laughter...and then proceeded to invite us in for pancakes. Kindred spirits...her and I...for sure!! :) That is a friend!!
I also want to add that I have met a fabulous new family from Texas...they had us for dinner and she invited me to her bible study. I feel so blessed to have her and her precious family in our lives. I just wanted to do a little follow up about my "Can't Want To" post I always miss home when I am away but I am having fun, loving life and feeling blessed!!

Mal's birthday letter will come on her real birthday!! :)

Psalm 100:4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name!