7.16.2013

Perspective and Prayer Requests

Sometimes I really need a perspective check...while sitting in church service on Sunday I listened to the pastor preach a sermon on perspective. I just wanted to jump up and shout "AMEN" as he was preaching. I keep hearing his words in my mind...he was speaking to how we tend to beg God, pray to God to get us out of a situation we don't like...and in reality... The Lord has placed us in that place to walk THROUGH it not get out of it. He desires for us to walk through the plans he has for us, good bad, ugly, and glorious. This particular pastor liked to raise his voice when making a point...not usually my favorite style of preaching...however when he started raising his voice saying...no matter what The Lord God Almighty has chosen for us to walk Through...he is already BEFORE US and BEHIND US...and there is no where we can go that he isn't already BEFORE US and BEHIND US...talk about an "Ah Ha" moment. I had goose bumps thinking how real "before and behind" is for our family. I need to look through these experiences they way the Lord wants me to...he is here with me. He was here before he placed me here and he is where I am going. I serve and Almighty God and that is something I stand strongly on. Solid ground in new and unknown places.

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

I want to say thank you SO much for all the kind words and messages from my last post. Y'all made me feel very loved. Yes, we are planning to be home for the birth of the baby. Several of you have asked if its okay with me to add my name to prayer lists. The answer is a resounding YES :) Please add my name to any and all prayer lists you are involved with...our number one priority is for the baby and myself to be healthy. From there we ask prayer that I have a very healthy and uneventful pregnancy that would allow me to arrive home October 23rd. Any and all prayers for that outcome are so appreciated. I did meet my OB here in Calgary yesterday. It was okay. The doctor was very supportive of me delivering at home and hopes to help get me to that goal. One prayer request I have is for my front lying placenta. That is normally not a big deal but since I have had 3 c-sections they will be watching to make sure no complications arise with my scar tissue. I would love prayers that nothing abnormal would develop. I appreciate being wrapped in prayer more than I can express. The power of prayer is an amazing thing and knowing people I love are praying for me and our baby is so humbling.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.