7.04.2013

Happenings!

Where to start....Happy 4th of July!!! I love this holiday. I love gathering with friends and family. I love hosting and decking the house out with patriotic decor (thank you Hob Lob) I love the memories of summers past getting together with all different friends. Being invited to join friends in Texas when we had just moved there are few weeks before. There is something about being American that just makes you proud. I am a little bit Kentucky, a little bit Texas, A whole lot Kansas but at the end of the day I am just one proud American. I dressed the kids up today and we took a few pics while we were out and about. I am pretty sure this didn't help me make local friends, especially the cashier who was reading a local magazine with the cover article reading Canada VS. America Top 10 reasons being a Canadian is better....awkward moment :/ Any way...back to the babes in the God Bless America Gear :)









It is for sure a little sad to be missing all the festivities!! I love seeing all the pics of y'all celebrating. We are there in spirit and I look forward to hosting a BBQ with all my festive dishes for an upcoming 4th of July :)

In other recent happenings around our home....
My God Bless America Scentsy warmer arrived!! Woot Woot!! It's the small things y'all!!!


We have been getting out and about checking out the local parks...they have beautiful parks here with all kinds of different play structures. We have a blast exploring and playing!





We have been spending lots of time up at our neighborhood clubhouse. The sandy beach area for the kids and the lake is just amazing! We have the best time hanging out and enjoying the sunshine!






We went out to Okotoks the other day to a nearby farm...SO. Much. FUN!!






The next pic just cracks me up...the kids saw it and Mal read it to Whit and she exclaims "We HAVE to take a picture for Uncle Bench he will LOVE it!!" Really, Uncle Bench...is there are reason the girls think you will love them locked up in an old timey prison shot? ;)  Whit said..."Mal lets make faces like we are stuck in jail" Oh wow....


In other big happenings around here...Whit Grace went under water!! Say what?! That's right like all the way submerged under water!! She has been in swimming lessons this week and she made the brave plunge. She was VERY proud of herself and informed me she would never be doing that again! If y'all remember from years past she has continuously gotten a failing grade in the level 1 swim class due to being unwilling to put her head under and/or get her face wet. So, this is major breaking news!! So proud of my girl and I am loving the smile on her little face!! :)


Aside from loving all the time with my man and my kiddos I have been trying to get organized in the house. I finally got the pantry done and I took a pic just for my sis....she loves to give me a hard time about my obsession for taking things out of the packages and for making junk food look pretty in containers. :) I thought she would love to see what I have done with the new pantry....be sure to look close sis, I even have a pic of my favorite nephews in there :)



And the last update I have for y'all tonight is that I tried the famous Crunchie bar they have here...
Sad to say it was an epic fail....I only ate 2 bites...that's right this chocolate loving preggo mama only ate 2 bites of a candy bar...totally not my thing. Reese's cup I will never pass you by at the grocery line for another candy bar again. Forgive me please!

We are all doing great! Loving family time, soaking up the gorgeous weather and enjoying exploring a new city/country. Am I still homesick? Without a doubt! Do I still shed a tear now a then? Yep, you betcha. But I am loving every minute and soaking in all Jesus has to offer here. Keeping my eyes open to what he wants me to see. I cherish the phone call, emails, cards etc from all of you. I have been so blessed with friends and family near and far. Your encouragement and an ear to listen has and does mean so much to me. 

Until the next time....I will be praying for each of you!!


Psalm 31:16 Make your face shine on your servant;  save me in your steadfast love!