8.24.2011

Our precious Whitney grace has pnemonia :( Yesterday I expereinced the scariest hour of my life. I am always somewhat of a wreck when any of my kids are sick. But yesterday afternoon Whit went from running around healthy and normal after a fun day out together to suddnely 103.6 fever, chills, lethargic, and delirious. I was in mom panic mode...truly. I am so thankful for our pediatritian and his staff. They were wonderful and took great care of her and she is already like a new kid today. I am also very thankful to my mom for dropping everything and hurrying to my house to take care of Bentley and pick up Mallory from school. She is the best. As I was praying and crying and praying as I rushed my precious girl to the doctor yesterday one of the things I asked Jesus for was to keep this memory close to my heart. The feeling of having pure clarity of how blessed I am. Moments like that don't come along that often...thankfully. But there is something about the daily life and taking healthy, happy kids for granted. I love my kids more than I could ever put into words and I want to live every day being in every moment and truly be present in how blessed I am. My sister and I were having a conversation along these lines yesterday morning before all this happened. Jesus uses us everyday. He never leaves us especially not in times of need. I praise him that Whitney is her happy self today. I praise him that I feel refreshed and blessed. I so loved every second of playing with my girl today. I have to say the best part of our sick day was being a student in her art class. She rocks! I love you Whitney Grace. xoxoxo Mommy