12.22.2010

Christmas Traditions

I LOVE creating Christmas traditions with our family. Our first tradition that is my personal fav is our Photo Christmas card. Scott and I sent our first one with the 2 of us and our 2 dogs the first year we were married...

It's so amazing to me this picture was taken 7 short years ago...the dogs now have a new home with Scott's parents and our 2010 Christmas card looks like this...
 front
back

I have so much fun getting just the right picture and designing the card and then sitting there with Christmas music our Christmas Vacation on tv and addressing all the cards to friends and family all over the country. This will always be a favorite tradition of mine and I am sure I will be like my own mom still sending them when I have grandchildren...
LOVE THIS! :)

During this amazing season we try to take a lot of time and just slow down...enjoy each other and remember the true reason for the season. The birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We make lots of goodies...our favorite are the traditional sugar cookie cut outs that we decorate with icing and a ridiculous amonut of sprinkles and assorted toppings ;) We make gingerbread houses every year and have a total blast...we sure missed our dear friends the Bleys this year...

We also take the kids and make the trip to the mall to see Santa every year...some years are better than others! ha!


poor Whitney...I am seeing a pattern ;)

We always go to Christmas Eve service at Christ Church...this will be our first year away from home for Christmas so that will change this year (tear) after service we come home and the girls open one gift...it is always matching Christmas jammies. After they put out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer they head off to bed and wake about EARLY to do gifts on Christmas morning.  I LOVE the traditions we are creating with our kids...and I really LOVE how every year they have a better understanding of the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate it...just the other day I heard Mallory saying to Whitney "No Whitney Christmas isn't about what you WANT its about what you are going to GIVE" Whitney asked her why and Mal replied "Because Jesus gave to us so we give to others we love" ohhh my mama heart could hardly take it...maybe I am doing something right ;)
I am so excited for Bentley's first Christmas and for him to start celebrating and joining in our traditions. This year will be very different for me being away from my family but I keep reminding myself how blessed I am that our family is all together. I hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas season and remember the reason we have Christmas "Glory to Christ the Newborn King"





Love to all of you,
Scott, Sarah, Mallory, Whitney, and Bentley