12.15.2009

St. Jude's Ranch


Our family had the honor of adopting a Christmas child from St. Judes Ranch in Bulverde, TX this holiday season. I know most people probably think of it like we helped the child we provided Christmas for but she actually blessed my life more than I could have ever imagined. We received her Christmas wish list and went shopping together as a family to get her presents. Then we were able to go out to the ranch and deliver them in person and spend time with our little girl as well as all the kids and staff. Seeing those children and spending time with them... Touring the rooms where they live...it touched my heart in the deepest way. Seeing the joy on that precious girls face when she found out we got her a bike was just overwhelming to me. I hope to continue spending time out at St. Jude's Ranch and I hope our girls will grow up with the same love and compassion for ministering to those in need that my parents raised my sisters and I with...if you have any opportunities come your way to help this organzation or one like it I highly recommend getting involved. Remember Jesus is the Reason for the Season! We love you all!