7.27.2009

Day Laborers!




My mom and I spent the majority of the day Friday painting the deck at our house in Olathe. Mom and I spent the morning "white washing" and then took a break for lunch before attempting the painting in the blazing afternoon sun. We had a good time even though it was a lot of work. It was especially amusing when we went to get some lunch covered in paint and paint clothes...my mom with her VERY DARK tan looked like she was actually a day laborer. The guy at the sub shop gave us a very strange look and said, "What are you ladies doing today?" after we told him he said "Usually you can find some college kids that will do that kind of work for free pizza!" I wish I knew where those college kids were right about now :-) I still have to finish up but we got a lot done. Thanks Mama! I love you!