7.26.2010

So those of you that know me well...which you probably do if you look at our blog ;) Know that I LOVE a good project...if it is crafty and/or involves Hobby Lobby and bargain hunting I am all over it...if it adds organization to my life I love it even more...

I have been oogling over the Pottery Barn kids backpack/bench storage system for years and since Mal is starting kindergarten I thought it was time I try to make one on my own. So instead of $700 I spent under $100 Woo-hoo!

One used bench from an awesome resale furniture store...


A week of sanding and 2 coats of black paint and primer...

Some 70 cent ugly dog hooks
Some super cute fabric and a little Modge Podge
And VOILA....
I also added a cork board, dry erase weekly planner and  a cute family frame :) I can't wait to put this in the entry way of our next home!